At BiZZdesign, we are constantly working towards the best solutions for our clients. To keep our standards high, we are always on the hunt for (junior) Front-end Developers that are willing to join one of our two multi-disciplinary and self-organizing Agile teams.
Our teams work closely with our Product Owner to realize new and exciting features in our core product – BiZZdesign Enterprise Studio. As a BiZZdesign employee, your working hours are flexible and you can work from home if you like. We enjoy spending time together outside of work, for instance at the local bar ‘De Pimpelaar’ for the weekly pub quiz (we repeat the pub quiz questions during the Thursday lunch break, so don’t be afraid to miss out!) or during various company outings.
As BiZZdesign has grown a lot over the years, we are not a traditional company with outlined procedures. This means there are a lot of possibilities open to you. We are very open to your input on how we can become better in what we do and how we can improve the way we work. We like to hear how we can become a better employer for you.
Many of our employees have grown into different roles over the years, which shows we highly value personal development.
What you will do:
- Work closely with your agile multi-disciplinary team to co-create new functionality and maintain BiZZdesign Enterprise Studio (focus on the front-end)
- Design and implement the user interface
- Keep up to date with the latest techniques regarding front-end software development
- Provide input on how we can improve our procedures.
What you will bring to the team:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (IT related)
- You're an Entry-level/Medior or Senior level candidate
- You are fluent in the English language and preferably have some knowledge of Dutch (willingness to learn).
What you're like:
- Problem-solving mentality
- Team player
- You enjoy managing your own time
This role will be located in Enschede, The Netherlands
- A challenging position in a growing, innovative company
- An open and informal software team with a passion for our product
- The ability to make a change and provide input on strategic level
Our software approach
We believe in being as open and transparent as possible, we are a software company above all. However, our website is naturally oriented towards our customers and will not give you an impression of the way BiZZdesign creates software.
Below you will find a very brief overview (not complete!) of the tools, procedures and technologies we use.
- Two multi-disciplinary feature teams, who deliver end-to-end feature for our customers in a two-week sprint cycle. Each team has their own scrum master, and we have one overall product owner.
- We hold true to the agile principles, and incrementally try to improve the way we work.
- We use Jira for our ticketing system, Bitbucket for our code, nvie as the base for our git branching model and are moving from Jenkins to Bamboo for our test and deployment automation needs.
- Our Enterprise Studio desktop client is developed using C++ and is packaged with our Activity Console which is developed in C#. Both utilize SQLite databases for data storage. The activity Console communicates via a REST API with our Team Server.
- Our Team Server is developed in Java and uses the Play Framework as its base. It stores its data in an SQL Server database. And finally, it offers a web application written with AngularJS for browser access to data and tasks.
- Finally, we deploy our server and desktop client in a cloud solution, where we are always looking for better and smarter ways of reaching our goals.
BiZZdesign is a leading software company that supports organizations in designing business change. We are a global organization with 1,000+ customers on six continents and offices in many countries across the globe. We partner with leading consultancies, distributors and resellers to provide our customers with the best support possible for business transformation planning and execution. Our dedication to fulfilling customer needs shows both in our rapid growth and in our long-standing customer relationships, with many clients being with us for a decade or more.
Founded in 2000 as a spin-off from an applied R&D institute, we have strong roots in research and innovation.