Agile Test Engineer
Enschede, the Netherlands
Agile Test Engineer
Location Enschede, the Netherlands
With our self-organizing Agile teams, BiZZdesign provides engineers with the opportunity to explore their talents and do what they enjoy most. Currently, we are looking for a (junior) Agile Test Engineer. If you are on the lookout for a challenge in an informal, passionate software team, then we’d like to invite you for a cup of coffee at our office!
We believe in providing you with interesting challenges, and with the freedom and flexibility to deliver the best possible products for our clients. We welcome input from new team members as the company continues to change and grow.
We believe in a healthy work/life balance and the freedom to be creative in your own role. If this sounds interesting, please continue reading…
What you will do:
- Work closely with your team to deliver high quality software, ensuring your team has the best tools and information available
- Help automate our tests, and ensure that your team can automate tests following your lead
- Co-create new tests, test data and execute them
- Keep up to date with the latest techniques regarding software testing techniques and processes
- Provide input on how we can improve our testing procedures.
What you will bring to the team:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (IT related)
- You're an Entry-level/ Medior or Senior level candidate
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery software strategies preferred
- You have an Agile test background - software as the main business product preferred
- You have knowledge in Bamboo, knowledge of Jenkins is a big plus
- You are fluent in the English language and preferably know some knowledge of Dutch (willingness to learn).
What you're like:
- Problem-solving mentality
- Team player
- You enjoy managing your own time.
This position is located in Enschede, NL.
- A challenging position in a growing, innovative company
- An open and informal software team with a passion for our product
- The ability to make a change and provide input on strategic level.
Our software approach
We believe in being as open and transparent as possible, we are a software company above all. However, our website is naturally oriented towards our customers and will not give you an impression of the way BiZZdesign creates software.
Below you will find a very brief overview (not complete!) of the tools, procedures and technologies we use.
- Two multi-disciplinary feature teams, whom deliver end-to-end feature for our customers in a two-week sprint cycle. Each team has their own scrum master, and we have one overall product owner.
- We hold true to the agile principles, and incrementally try to improve the way we work.
- We use Jira for our ticketing system, Bitbucket for our code, nvie as the base for our git branching model and are moving from Jenkins to Bamboo for our test and deployment automation needs.
- Our Enterprise Studio desktop client is developed using C++ and is packaged with our Activity Console which is developed in C#. Both utilize SQLite databases for data storage. The activity Console communicates via a REST API with our Team Server.
- Our Team Server is developed in Java and uses the Play Framework as its base. It stores its data in an SQL Server database. And finally, it offers a web application written with AngularJS for browser access to data and tasks.
- Finally, we deploy our server and desktop client in a cloud solution, where we are always looking for better and smarter ways to reach our goals.
BiZZdesign is a leading software company that supports organizations in designing business change. We are a global organization with 1,000+ customers on six continents and offices in many countries across the globe. We partner with leading consultancies, distributors and resellers to provide our customers with the best support possible for business transformation planning and execution. Our dedication to fulfilling customer needs shows both in our rapid growth and in our long-standing customer relationships, with many clients being with us for a decade or more.
Founded in 2000 as a spin-off from an applied R&D institute, we have strong roots in research and innovation.